12.13.2005

Now seriously...

I don't understand how people expect to just be given for free what normally costs hundreds of dollars.

Wanted snowmobile or a fourwheeler
WANTED : MITER SAW WITH EXTENDABLE/ ADJUSTABLE ARM
Need Two Dressers*
WANTED: A CARPENTER

The entirety of this last one:

NEED A CARPENTER FOR SOME PROJECTS. ANYONE INTERESTED"? I AM IN
XXXXXXXX.

I seriously doubt Jesus is a Freecycle member. "Some projects"? Sure! I'll take what I do for a living and do it for free! I don't even know what it is I'm being asked to do or how long it will take! I'll even let you raise my kids for a while!

Also, while I've been on the internet long enough to become desensitized to the use of all caps, I don't think I'll ever get used to people who decide that punctuation. I'sn't im, por-t!ant?

hi i am looking for a snowmobile or a fourwheeler if any one has one
please let me know thanks rich

So he's looking for a snowmobile or a four-wheeler, but only if anyone has them? Or is he desiring the knowledge of rich thanks should anyone have a snowmobile or four-wheeler? Do people realize how terrible this sort of communication is?

Anyway, I may have to stop posting these extravagant requests, because they seem to occur at least once per day.

*I know dressers are often given away, but if you desperately need something, then you probably shouldn't also require that it be good looking. Or, you buck up and pay for it. Beggar, please meet Chooser. I'm afraid we only have room for one of you, so I'm going to have to ask you to fight to the death.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home