1.05.2006

Chain mail

Something I've noticed... the average age of those people that send out messages whose subject lines contain more FWDs than the records of a dyslexic American Airlines ticketing agent has continually increased. There's a pretty good reason for this involving "trends" and "n00bs" and possibly even "gaskets."

But hey, when I was a lad discovering the wonders of email, at least the forwards I sent to all my friends had some sort of substance to them. And I didn't send them to over 1000 people via an internet message group:

Fwd: Alexandra,,,don't delete- from vince man1940 important

HELLO EVERY ONE PLEASE SEND THIS TO EVERY ONE YOU KNOW, IT IS A CHILD THAT WAS BADLY BURNT, THE ADD WILL GIVE 0.3 CENT FOR EVERY ONE SENT OUT THANK YOU {{{VINCE}}} GIVE A LITTLE PRAYER TOO

Whoa, we're able to send burnt children over the internet now? Cool!

2 Comments:

At 2:51 AM, Blogger Kafaleni said...

and it does precisely NOTHING. Unless you can go to a site and make a donation, those things are just nice-looking spam. It took me a long time to get my sister to stop sending me that sort of crap.

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Blogchik said...

My dad is always sending me this kind of crap. Luckily he has friends who are aware enough to check it with Snopes and then two minutes later he sends the link saying, "Oops, hoax there."

Due to one such forwarded email he started drinking vinegar every day. Claims it helps his arthritis. I'm reminded of Big Fat Greek Wedding (you know, you can fix everything with Windex?)...only with vinegar.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home